Posted on April 17 2018
...our next Secretary of State?
Full disclosure I have never been a fan of Mike Pompeo. Do not be fooled by his chameleon like tendencies. His views of the World and Diplomacy closely mirror those (pretty much nonexistent foreign policies) of Donald Trump.
‘The Senate Foreign Affairs Committee 21 members: 11 GOP & 10 Ds;
- Sen McCain is out battling Cancer
- Sen Rand Paul is a NAY
- Sen Tim Kaine is a NAY
- Sen Chris Murphy is a NAY
- Sen Jean Shaheen is wobbly, hopefully a NAY
- Sen Angus King, is also wobbly, hopefully a NAY
The prospect that Dir Pompeo’s Secretary of State nomination, would report out of Committee, 🚨UNFAVORABLY 🚨 looks to be a real possibility.
Below are a few reasons, we shouldn’t be okay with a Secretary of State Pompeo. Mainly Pompeo’s world view is IDENTICAL to that of Donald Trump’s. Imagine if Donald Trump & Steve Bannon had an ideological baby, that baby would be Mike Pompeo. God help us all.
Who let these Sanctioned Russian Intelligence “officers” in America?
On January 31, 2018 several Russians, who are under Sanctions and prohibited from entering America. Yet the following met with CIA Dir Pompeo:
- Sergei Naryshkin, head of the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service, Naryshkin was sanctioned in 2014 after Russia (unlawfully invaded and later annexed Crimea.)
- Igor Valentinovich Korobov, GRU, Russian Military Intelligence. Korobov was sanctioned on December 26, 2016; “malicious cyber-enabled activities" which threatened the national security of America.
- Alexander Bortnikov, the director of the Federal Security Service, or FSB, Russia’s main domestic intelligence agency also accompanied Naryshkin when he met with Pompeo and DNI Coats.
Within hours of this disclosure Senator Schumer fired off this letter to DNI coats. And sure there could have been “diplomacy” at play but I can’t help wondering.
Pompeo’s views of “Radical Islamic Terrorist” uncomfortably mirrors Trump’s words, not mine. Every Muslim I personally know are decent, kind and peaceful Americans. Many are horrified that their religion has been hijacked by radicals who carry out acts of terror in the name of their religion.
Rep Pompeo on the House Floor, after the Boston Marathon Bombing:
‘Their silence in the face of extremism coming from the best-funded Islamic advocacy organizations and many mosques across America is absolutely deafening. It casts doubt upon the commitment to peace among adherents of the Muslim faith.”
Then Rep Pompeo went on to say: “has made these Islamic leaders across America potentially complicit in these acts” of terrorism. In fact, however, several major Muslim organizations had weighed in within hours of the attack to condemn it.’
On April 11, 2018, two members of Congress who happen practice the Muslim Faith sent this 2 page letter. What troubles me the most is Pompeo’s closeness with ACT for America. The Southern Poverty Law Center AND the Anti-Defamation League cite ACT for America as “the largest anti-Muslim hate group”
- “Mr. Pompeo will regularly be required to liaise with Muslim leaders and Muslim communities abroad, especially during this time of conflict, tension, and unprecedented humanitarian need throughout much of the world,"
- “We need a credible Secretary of State, not one hobbled by a history of anti-Muslim sentiment and discrimination...”
- "We thus urge you to oppose Mr. Pompeo's confirmation as Secretary of State."
June 28, 2016, on Sec Clinton
here is what then Representative Pompeo said about Sec of State Hillary Clinton. He said Sec Clinton’s leadership was “morally reprehensible”. Even in the context of a full contact Presidential Campaign. Rep. Pompeo’s vitrol was, alarming.
July 2016 Pompeo tweets about Wikileaks and DNC hack.
Pompeo sent this tweet, he has since shuttered and scrubbed his US House of Representatives Twitter account, but the internet saves everything, twitter archived👉🏻 link👈🏻
August of 2016, Rep Pompeo authored:
“Report accuses CENTCOM of manipulating ISIS intelligence”
Based on Pompeo’s local newspaper’s article.
- ‘The cultural breakdown in Central Command's intelligence process resulted from an administration-wide understanding that bad news from Iraq and Syria was not welcome,"
- "Claims that ISIS was the 'JV team' and that al-Qaeda was 'on the run' were both a result-and-cause of the politicization of intelligence at CENTCOM. This intelligence manipulation provided space for both ISIS and al-Qaeda to grow, and it put America at risk."
In this LA Times Article
I've actually seen it help us," he said, as cited by The LA Times. "I have seen things the president has put on his Twitter account actually have a real-world impact on our capacity to understand what's going on in other places in the world."
"That is, our adversaries responded to those tweets in ways that were helpful to us to understand command and control issues, who's listening to what messages, how those messages are resonating around the world."
May 2015 Pompeo was a “headliner” for the “God and Country Rally”. His “speech” is something you have to👉🏻 watch. I can’t put any logical words to describe what Pompeo’s speech was like. I think it’s safe to say Mike Pompeo’s world view is, frightening.
- “To worship our lord and celebrate our nation at the same place is not only our right, it is our duty...”
The public body of evidence and Pompeo’s own words suggest:
- he hates and I mean really hates Muslims.
- he thinks the LGBTQ Community is lesser than, see GLAAD’s👉🏻 link👈🏻
- he finds women in power to be “immoral leaders”
While you're here, throw us a bone.
Mad Dog is thrilled to have Spicy in our PAC(k). We are proud to provide a space for her tireless, hard hitting, in-depth investigations. But we can’t do it without you.
Our numbers are growing. Our voices are being heard. Our campaigns are making a difference. Help us, and Spicy, continue to fight the good fight. Consider a donation to help support the work of Mad Dog PAC today.