Posted on March 12 2018
- The Notion that the HPSCI Rep Devin Nunes & Rep Mike Conaway would Conduct a nonpartisan and through Investigation into Russia/Trump 2016 Election Interference.
Underwhelming, to say the very least
Every step of the way, Nunes and the House Republican stunning subterfuge, has left millions of Americans infuriated and offended. The House Republicans in their unquestionable “loyalty” to president Trump has been shameful and dare I say traitorous.
But above all, the House Republicans refusal to conduct an actual investigation into Russia’s attack on the very core of our democracy, they must understand they do so at the peril of our future elections.
This 1 page draft “Report” will be presented to whole of the HPSCI tomorrow. Sadly this shows just how far off the rails, this House Committee Investigation was, from the start.
Link to HPSCI report here
The parameters of HPSCI are equally underwhelming.
Is the really the best HPSCI can do?
Link to HPSCI “Investigation parameters” here
This is (presumably) what Devin Nunes plans to release to the American people. The dumbing down of the incredibly complex and consequential Investigation, welp it is infuriating.
What part of; Protect AND Defend our Democracy does Comrade Nunes et al, not understand? Oh wait, this was Trump’s plan all along and Devin Nunes was his surrogate. Nunes executed the plan Trump/Putin/Russia wanted.
In kind, there should be very little doubt
y’all need to vote Nunes OUT
Link to HPSCI “by the numbers here”
HPSCI Minority and Ranking Member Rep Adam Schiff issued what can only be described as a:
B R U T A L Statement
Rep. Schiff closing sentence in paragraph one, literally calls out the House Republicans, rightfully so
- “By ending its oversight role in the only authorized investigation in the House, the Majority has placed the interests of protecting the President over protecting the country, and history will judge its actions harshly.
- “…Trump Administration initially denied, would later misrepresent, and finally be forced to acknowledge.
Thirteen Russians have been indicted in a far reaching conspiracy in which the Russians sought to influence our election by helping Donald Trump, hurting the Hillary Clinton campaign and sowing discord in the United States. Most significant..”
- The irony is our IC agrees Russia Interfered
- The Grand Jury (both in DDC & EDVA) agreed crimes were committed
So many bread crumbs
- “investigation in the kind of thorough and nonpartisan manner that the seriousness of the issues merited, or whether the enormous political consequences of our work would make that impossible”
- let us remember Nunes’ midnight run to the White House, where he bailed out of his Uber and left his Sr aide on Memorial Bridge
But it was THIS paragraph that we hit PAY DIRT.
- “Was afraid to compel witnesses like Steve Bannon, Hope Hicks, Jeff Sessions, Donald Trump Jr., Corey Lewandowski and so many others to answer questions relevant to our investigation”
- “unwilling to subpoena; documents like phone records, text messages, bank records and other key records so that we might determine the truth about the most significant attack on our democratic institutions in history
- “series of counter-investigations, designed to attack the credibility of the FBI, the Departments of Justice and State, and investigate anyone and anything other than what they were charged to”
- [the Majority is] trying to put our own government on trial.
This actual fact is obvious. It’s almost ugly. But then again the truth can’t be exquisitely beautiful or horrifying ugly.
- It’s not Mueller’s job to tell the American people what happened.
- the Majority, House Republicans put Trump/Putin/Russia ahead of our Country. Our democracy. Our elections
- the GOP has devolved into the scum on the edge of the swamp.
MARCH 13, 2018
HPSCI MINORITY STATUS REPORT
Rep Adam Schiff and the Democrats just ripped the bandaid off. That sound you hear? That’s the sound of Devin Nunes speed dialing his handler and begging for an escape hatch.
I’ve underlined the parts of this paragraph that you should read and then think about what “it” is Rep Schiff is getting ready to unload
- ..”need to be completed at a later date to ensure not only that the
public is fully informed, but also to determine whether the Russians have leverage over the President of the United States.“
- Minority’s requests bear directly on the second and third prongs of our investigation:
- Russian active measures campaign included links between Russia and individuals associated with political campaigns or any other U.S. persons
- What we need to do to protect ourselves and our allies from election interference in the future.
Appendix B: includes 30 additional witnesses, additional Federal Agencies
- includes witnesses to whom the Committee has already sent letters, but who so far have failed to respond to the Committee’s request for voluntary cooperation
- witnesses that the Minority has previously requested and whom the Majority has not agreed to call in for testimony or to request documents from;
- pertinent new witnesses that the Committee has discovered in the course of the investigation.
Appendix C: identifies more than 20 entities from which the Committee has yet to request documents,
- including Deutsche Bank, the Estate of Peter Smith (and associated entities)
- Russian-American Chamber of Commerce in the USA
and social media companies.
Appendix D outlines more than 15 persons and entities for which the Committee believes compulsory process for appearance and/or document production to the Committee is necessary.
- Included are witnesses who have refused to appear
- who have invoked a nonexistent privilege to avoid pertinent testimony or who have simply refused to answer questions because the answers may be adverse to the interests of the President or his campaign
- who have not produced any documentation; or whose production was insufficient and for whom we have a reasonable basis to believe that they possess documents responsive to the Committee’s investigation.
- This list includes, among others: Donald Trump Jr., Michael Cohen, Jared Kushner, Hope Hicks, Attorney General Sessions, Erik Prince, and the White House.
- The Committee must also initiate a contempt process to compel Stephen Bannon to testify to the Committee fully and without constraints
Happy Reading and Welcome to the United States of Russia, where the GOP now stands for: Gang of Putin.
You can read and/or download the full 22 page HPSCI Minority Report here
While you're here, throw us a bone.
Mad Dog is thrilled to have Spicy in our PAC(k). We are proud to provide a space for her tireless, hard hitting, in-depth investigations. But we can’t do it without you.
Our numbers are growing. Our voices are being heard. Our campaigns are making a difference. Help us, and Spicy, continue to fight the good fight. Consider a donation to help support the work of Mad Dog PAC today.