Posted on April 27 2018
The White House Protected
a two time Wife Beater.
The newly released FBI letter confirms...
You have to wonder, the White House, president Trump, Chief of Staff and his Press Secretary gave numerous full throated defense of Rob Porter. What other indefensible actions has the Trump Administration protected?
Granted I am not in the habit of ever defending Rep Gowdy but when he appeared on CNN’s New Day and vociferously voiced his concerns. For a very brief moment I had a glimmer of hope, that perhaps Domestic Violence was a rubicon that the House Republicans would not allow the Trump Administration sweep under the rug.
In what I thought was a rare moment of nonpartisanship, Rep Trey Gowdy expressed grave concerns about Rob Porter, the White House Judgment:
- interim Security Clearance but MOST importantly
- the White House vetting process
- the numerous irrefutable spousal abuse allegations.
I can be intellectually honest to say unequivocally, YES, Rep Gowdy spent over two decades prosecuting and advocating for victims of Domestic Violence. He was, perhaps that’s the operative word, “was” a prosecutorial gladiator. Some how Gowdy has lost that spirit to fight and advocate for those victims. It’s sad, no really it is, particularly if you look at Gowdy’s history as a prosecutor...
So given Rep Gowdy’s appearance and his vocal concern, what I can not wrap my head around is why Rep Gowdy continues to deny Ranking Member Rep Cummings repeated request to subpoena the White House Counsel Don McGahn and others in the White House who were involved in the Rob Porter debacle.
As detailed below, Rep Cummings has made repeated request to seek documents and when he was key with stone walking he then requested Rep Gowdy, who’s the Chairman of the House Oversight Committee and ultimately has the power to Issue subpoenas:
- On February 14, 2018, Gowdy sent letters to the White House Chief of Staff and FBI about Porter.
- On February 15, 2018, a broader request to the White House seeking information about the extent to which White House officials have been working for extended periods with only interim security clearances.
- March 8, 2018, the White House responded with a letter, but provided none of the information the Committee requested except a memo from Chief of Staff John Kelly concerns future security clearance protocols
- March 9, 2018, Cummings sent a letter to Gowdy requesting a subpoena or a vote, Gowdy never responded.
In the ensuing weeks, Rep Cummings continued to request the Oversight Committee Chairman to fulfill his obligations and sent the following letter. Which detailed 13 separate items/area that Rep Gowdy has either simply ignored or had ginned up enough votes to effectively quash ranking member Cumming’s request. Link to letter here. As you can see the issued run the gambit:
- the utter dereliction of duty in Puerto Rico, some 3.2+M Americans basically abandoned by the Trump Administration
- the Niger Ambush that left four American Soilders KIA.
- “alleged” Sexual Assault by CBP employees
- DOD withholding documentation of Hurricane Response
So now this brings us to the April 13, 2018 FBI letter that Rep Cummings, just released. The FBI letter reads in part:
- Regarding your request for dates pertaining to Mr. Porter’s background investigation, the following information is provided. On March 3, 2017, the FBI provided a partial report of investigation addressed to the Counsel to the President, Donald F. McGahn, which contained derogatory information.”
- July 21, 2017, the FBI submitted a completed background investigation addressed to the EOP Personnel Security Division.
- “August 17, 2017, the FBI received a request from the EOP Personnel Security Operations, requesting additional information, to include but not limited to, re-interviews of Mr. Porter, his ex-wives, and his girlfriend at the time.”
- “November 1, 2017, the FBI submitted a completed investigative report addressed to the EOP Personnel Security Division, which contained additional derogatory information.”
- On January 3, 2017, the FBI's investigative file was administratively closed. Following its closing of the background investigation, the FBI received additional information, which was provided in a memorandum addressed to the EOP Personnel Security Operations on February 7, 2018”
Link to the April 13, 2018 FBI letter, here
Beyond any shadow of the “reasonable” doubt, the White House, the president, the White House Counsel, the Press Secretary ALL knew. Yet they all lied and tried to cover it up. They tried to protect a man who physically and emotionally abused TWO wives. There is zero fuzz here, these are the facts.
The question is why are the House Republicans willing to be complicit? Why do they time and time again bury their heads in the sand? The White House owes us answers, because these type of full throated defense of Rob Ported really make me wonder, if the president et al are willing to protect a proven wife beater, two times over, what ELSE are they willing to cover up?
HOW DO YOU DEFEND A WIFE BEATER?
Not ONCE did the president or the White House reach out to Rob Porter’s ex-wives. Not ONCE. Lest we forget Ms. Holderness’s powerful Washington Post OpEd, you can read it again, here.
Love is not suppose to hurt either physically or mentally, I just can’t get over how Trump & his malignant crew mishandled this indefensible situation. We deserve so much better than the GOP and the current administration. -Spicy Out
While you're here, throw us a bone.
Mad Dog is thrilled to have Spicy in our PAC(k). We are proud to provide a space for her tireless, hard hitting, in-depth investigations. But we can’t do it without you.
Our numbers are growing. Our voices are being heard. Our campaigns are making a difference. Help us, and Spicy, continue to fight the good fight. Consider a donation to help support the work of Mad Dog PAC today.