Posted on April 20 2018
Bump Stock Ban?
Maybe but NOT from Congress
April 20, 2018 Update
On April 18, 2018 the “Official” Bump Stock Manufacturer announced that it will cease to sell and manufacture Bump Stocks after May 20. 2018. Slide Fire made the announcement via their website, found here
And once again the NRA holds their position concerning Bump Stocks, yet they are upset with PACs like Maddog?
Here’s the brutal reality:
- the general public overwhelmingly supports common sense gun safety.
- the DOJ & Trump Administration proposed NEW rule changes for Bump Stocks
- the Bump Stock Offical Manufacturer is halting sales AND manufacturing.
Even in the face of incontrovertible FACTS, the NRA doubles down on their fear mongering that the Government is going to take your guns. The NRA ginned up hate and vitriol under the Obama Administration. Tell me what gun did the Obama Administration take away from law abiding Americans?
I’ll wait...because the NRA conducts itself as a Fringe Terrorist Organization.
Ginning up terror and fear. Here’s a novel idea:
If the NRA doesn’t like being called a Terrorist Organization, perhaps the NRA should stop acting like one.
That said, the Washington Post has kept a running tracker of the PAS nominees. There are 4 areas where Trump’s failure to nominate significantly weaken America.
- State Department, dozens of vacancies.
- Justice Department: No ATF or DEA head nominated.
- Department of Defense, dozens of #2 & #3 positions vacant.
Here’s the Washington Post tracker
Sadly most Americans were predictablly distracted by the ExPlayboy Model’s explosive CNN interview. Where we once again found out that our “so called” president had a 10 month extramarital affair and then cheated on his mistress with another mistress. Trump has no moral authority. The GOP, the family values party my fanny.
Apologies, I momentarily digressed.
Proposed Rule Making
Bump-stocks via AG Sessions
I recommend you watch this CBS video, it explains the bumpstock and how this relatively cheap accessory can make an AR-15 into a full on killing machine. Allowing the shooter to fire off more hundreds of rounds in under 1 minute.
That said, my point is, last Friday Attorney General Sessions issued the following statement:
- “Since the day he took office, President Trump has had no higher priority than the safety of each and every American,” said Attorney General Jeff Sessions.
- “That is why today the Department of Justice is publishing for public comment a proposed rulemaking that would define ‘machinegun’ to include bump stock-type devices under federal law—effectively banning them..”
- “After the senseless attack in Las Vegas, this proposed rule is a critical step in our effort to reduce the threat of gun violence that is in keeping with the Constitution and the laws passed by Congress. I look forward to working with the President’s School Safety Commission to identify other ways to keep our country and our children safe, and I thank the President for his courageous leadership on this issue.”
During this 90 Day Review once published in the Federal Register (ETA for publication 3/27/2018)
Citizens can submit and ARE encouraged to submit comments, see below for the docket # and portal.
- Docket Number is ATF 2017R-22
- you can submit comments via this government portal
- notice of Rule Change printed in the Federal Register here
The 55 page Attorney General Proposed Order can be read here:
What I found most alarming is on Attorney General Sessions’ proposed rule change, the sheer number of bullets the Las Vegas shooter fired. Additionally while the main stream media reported some 500 people were injured, this Department of Justice document indicates 800 people were injured:
Now watch and listen to this Time Magazine video. The Las Vegas shooter fired off hundreds of not thousands of rounds in just a few short minutes. You can read the full Time article here
While you're here, throw us a bone.
Mad Dog is thrilled to have Spicy in our PAC(k). We are proud to provide a space for her tireless, hard hitting, in-depth investigations. But we can’t do it without you.
Our numbers are growing. Our voices are being heard. Our campaigns are making a difference. Help us, and Spicy, continue to fight the good fight. Consider a donation to help support the work of Mad Dog PAC today.